How To Shape And Define Your Eyebrows
Eye brow shaping, in the make-up application process, should be done before applying foundation, concealer and powder to the face. Defining your eyebrows before applying eye make up, cheek color or lipstick makes a big difference in the overall balance you are trying to create.
Make-up artists consider eyebrows and eye brow shaping the most important facial feature because well defined eye brows will frame the eyes, make them look bigger and give the face a polished look.
Shapeless and messy eyebrows can ruin any make-up effect you try to create. You can have a facialist wax them (or use laser hair removal) but first be sure she knows which shape you want and is experienced in eye brow shaping. Although there are many choices, the most elegant brow shape is long, clean, and natural.
Hold The Tweezers!
The main purpose of eye brow shaping and removing unwanted hair from the eyebrow area is to create a flattering arch that enhances the eye. Make sure that you have a clear idea of the shape you wish to achieve before you pick up a pair of tweezers. It's best to stick to a naturally trimmed look, unless you are trying to create a more dramatic effect.
If you are thinking of plucking your eye brows for the first time, see a professional before you do. Many times the hair tweezed during eye brow shaping does not grow back right or does not grow back at all. Either way, you will need a good pair of tweezers and the ability to use them correctly. Few makeup tricks can help you look as good as a pair of beautiful eye brows can.
Most of us women have eyebrows that require some type of definition (eye brow shaping) to look complete. Applying make-up to your eyebrows helps them stand out and look complete. At first, you may feel the eye brow pencil has exaggerated your eye brows. Just remember that your are used to seeing your old look and it takes a short time to adjust to a new look.
Eye Brow Shaping To Perfection
Begin the eye brow shaping process by balancing your eyebrow so that it is proportionate with the rest of your face. Look in the mirror and place imaginary lines (or a pencil) across your face to match the lines shown here. Do this on both sides of the nose and pluck only in between. Be careful about the distance between the inner brows and the length of the brows.
A. When eye brow shaping, imagine a vertical line going up from the outside of your nostril towards your forehead. The inner part of the eyebrow should converge with this line.
B. A straight line going out from the outside corner of your nostril past the outer corner of your eye marks the end of your eyebrow.
C. Your arch should be found two thirds of the way from your inner eyebrow.
Plucking Your Eye Brows Away
No two eyebrows are exactly the same but during this eye brow shaping phase you can achieve as symmetrical a look as possible. Start by using tweezers with pointed or slanted tips since they grip the hairs best.
Never pluck the top of your eye brows, always pluck below the eye brow line, and follow it's natural arch. You can use the top of the brow as a guideline to shape the bottom.
You will notice that the eyebrow gets narrower as it goes upwards and outwards. Pluck the hairs out toward the ears following the natural hair growth. Pluck slowly and check your eye brow shaping progress often by looking in the mirror.
1. To begin eye brow shaping, start at the inner corner, brush the eyebrow upwards and back using a mascara wand or brow brush, then brush downwards the hair to be removed.
2. Draw over your eyebrow a very dark outline of the shape you want using a dark eyebrow pencil. Make sure both eyebrows are as symmetrical as possible, then remove any hairs outside the outline.
3. Begin hair removal of hairs outside this outline (stray hairs) using tweezers. Pluck each hair as close to the root as possible. Pluck one hair at a time, always pluck from underneath the brow and pull hairs in their growth direction using a swift, sharp movement.
4. After plucking eyebrows, brush them into shape using an eye brow brush. Work upward and outward to give the brow more definition. Your eye brow shaping phase is complete.
5. To achieve symmetry you can use eyebrow pencil, shadow or stencil to define the eye brows. Use light strokes to fill in any gaps.
6. Comb through again with the brow brush to blend in the eyebrow pencil. You can use hair spray to keep hairs in place by spraying a clean mascara wand and combing it through the eyebrow.
What Eye Brow Color To Blend In
After eye brow shaping you need to determine your eyebrow make-up color using your present hair color as a guideline, whether it's natural or artificially colored.